The Montgrí mountain has recently been declared a Natural Park and protected area. 8000 hectares of surface, 2000 of which are marine area. It encompasses a range of diverse landscapes and Mediterranean coastal ecosystems, among which are the islands and coastal cliffs several nesting seabird species, and extensive limestone plateaus of semiesteparis Montgrí.
Rich in natural resources, it is a first-rate tourist attraction with an undeniable "humanist" character that binds the growing practice of sport and concern for healthy living, which attracts more respectful people and probably happier. To all of you, we offer a number of online resources that we hope will be helpful.
Since Càmping Punta Milà is situated in the heart of the Natural Park, we offer you information and maps to organise marvelous routes:
The Natural Park Montgrí & Illes Medes is a little paradise for Diving lovers. Visit this amazing seabed.
· Also ideal for Snorkeling.
· Illa Mateua.
· If you wish to hire your diving beginner course or to just dive with our colleagues, do not hesitate to get in touch. We'll be glad to arrange it for you.
· Kayaks on the sea: explore the coves of little almost deserted cove-bays still remaining in this part of the Costa Brava, in the Natural Park Montgrí & Illes Medes.
· You can also try the sport of the moment: Stand-up paddle.
· Or, if you prefer to go canoeing in the river, you can also do so in the Ter River.
· Cala Montgó's wall has become very popular for climbers in Catalonia. More than 100m height to enjoy your favourite sport for free.
l'Escala is a small fishermen's village offering the visitor the most genuine Emporda hospitality, as well as the gastronomy, floklore and breath-taking landscapes.
♠ Natural Espaces:
· Diversity of seabed landscapes, that go from sandy beaches in the coastal dunes, to rocky hills and abrupt cliffs. This landscape is situated between the Montgrí mountain and the natural water reserve Aiguamolls de l'Empordà.
· Archaeology Museum of Catalonia-Empúries, with remains of a greek town and a roman town.
· Sant Martí d'Empúries (medieval village).
· Maram: samples of traditional fishing.
· Anxovies & Salt Museum.
♠ L'Escala is also famous for its sea-food gastronomy, and specially for its wonderful Anxovies, preserved with ancestral methods: we strongly recommend a visit to one of the factories.
· Local celebrations: l'Escala: 28 june (Sant Pere), 16 july (Mare de Dáu del Carme, fishermen's patron saint), 1st septembre (Major Celebration), 14 septembre (Salt Celebration).
♠ l'Escala Website ♠
Royal town in the Baix Empordà region, with a 60% of its territory protected by the Government, and just 10% occupied by urban development.
♠ Natural Espaces:
· The Illes Medes is the biggest marine protected area in Catalunya and one of the most important in the Mediterranean.
· The River Ter has a length of 208 km, 7 km of which are inside our territory. People organize kayak descents, as well as fishinh and nautic ski courses and competitions.
· Festival de Músiques in Torroella de Montgrí: one of the most important cultural and social events in town. Its international relevance is undoubtful and it belongs to the prestigious European Festival Association.
· The Montgrí Castle is a military fortification built in 1294 by King James II as a defense in his confrontation with Count Empúries.
· Local Celebrations: Torroella de Montgrí: 26 august (Sant Genís) and L'Estartit: 26 july (Santa Anna).
♠ Torroella de Montgrí Website ♠
· Cala Montgó, at only 850m from Càmping Neus, fine sand and turquoise-blue waters.
· Cala Mateua, ideal for divers and snorkeling lovers.
· Between Cala Montgó and l'Estartit you will find quite a few small and deserted (almost) idyllic cove-bays, in quiet turquoise waters. Some, though, have difficult acces, like Cala Pedrosa and Cala Ferriola. La Foradada is a rock that has been erosed with the force of the sea waves. The view from the top is spectacular. Also highly recommended by boat or ship.
· The precious beaches in Empúries are long with undeep waters, fine sand and family atmosphere. At around 3km away.
Genover 4 SL | NIF: B17043506 | Travessera Canaders 2 átic, 17002 Girona